What You Get !
Routes of 17, 21 and 39 miles wind through beautiful Northeast Illinois over quiet secondary roads with SAG support. Route information is currently not available. Please check back later.
Starting and Closing Times
All routes open at 8:00am. All riders must plan to complete their rides by 1:00pm when all routes close and SAG support stops.
Phone equipped SAG's are intended to help riders needing assistance. Priority will be given to riders in emergency situations - illness, injury or irreparable mechanical breakdowns. Flat tires are not considered emergencies. SAG service stops at 1:00pm.
For your own safety and the safety of others:
- While it's not required to be vaccinated or masked, please be aware of local CDC regulations and stay home if you're not feeling well.
- Obey all applicable traffic laws.
- Helmets, which comply with "U.S. CPSC Safety Standard for Bicycle Helmets", are required.
- Ride within your ability and physical condition.
- Carry personal identification including a list of any medical conditions.
- Bring a bike in good condition, with a spare tube, basic tools, a water bottle, and basic knowledge of repairs.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult throughout the ride.
- The routes are on public roads which must be shared with motorists. Local law enforcement authorities may patrol the roads and may issue citations for traffic violations.
- Bicycles should be ridden single file at all times, even when traffic is not present.
- State law prohibits the use of headsets while riding on public roadways.
- Bring a cell phone - if possible.
- Date: March 19, 2023
Distances: 17, 21, 39 miles
City, State: Wauconda, Illinois
Start Location: Wauconda HS, 555 N. Main St.
Start Time: 8:00 am
Online Information: https://wheelmen.com/st_pats.asp