Join us June 13, 2021 through June 18, 2021 for our 18th annual Grand Illinois Bike Tour! Our 2021 loop will tour the Trails of Madison County, on the Illinois side of the St. Louis area. We will start and stop in Litchfield, with overnights in Lebanon (one night), Edwardsville and Godfrey/Alton (two nights each). Join us and invite your friends (non-riding volunteers needed too).
Register now in confidence, 100% refund available for COVID-19 concerns or any other reason, through May 12.
As of January 19, 2021, There are limited guaranteed spots for our hotel option.
Choose among our daily mileage options for a total ranging from 200 to 375 miles, consisting of quiet rural roads and 140+ miles on trails (almost all asphalt-surfaced) on old railroad corridors. Pick between our camping and hotel options, and enjoy evenings filled with good food and fellowship with riders hailing from around the country. Proceeds benefit Ride Illinois, a nonprofit bicycle advocacy organization, and support our mission to make Illinois a better, safer and more enjoyable place to ride.
Our fully supported tour basics:
- Basic daily route distances between towns range from 45 to 52 miles. Longer route and layover day options are available. Routes are marked, and both cue sheets and RideWithGPS navigation are provided.
- Campers will tent in parks and college grounds, with showering facilities on-site (four nights) or nearby via shuttle bus/biking/walking (one night). All breakfasts and dinners (10 meals in total) are included.
- The hotel option, available for an additional fee, sells out early and accommodates approximately 100 riders, including nearly 40 carry-over registrations from last year. Eight meals (all breakfasts and three dinners) and evening receptions are included.
- Luggage transportation is provided in separate vehicles for campers and hotelers.
- Emergency SAG, refreshment stops, and t-shirt are included. Local bike shops will be providing expert bike repair. See â€œExtra third-party servicesâ€ below for other offerings including camping rentals and set-up services, as well as massage service.
- Nightly meetings include ride information and more.
Velosophie, an optional reading discussion group, meets before dinner each day. Join the fun after dinner at camp, as fellow riders play guitar and banjo.
The pandemic, government restrictions, and school value availability may or may not force us to postpone GIBT again. We expect to make a final decision by April. If we are a 'go' we will still make several adjustments to limit crowds, especially inside. Two examples include having caters box our meals for quick pickup and providing dinners at both campsites and hotels (to eliminate bus shuttling).
The ride is limited to 250 riders, including 122 carry-over registrations from 2020. Registration will open on November 1st.
- Date: June 13 - 18, 2021
Distances: 45 - 52 miles per day
City, State: Litchfield, Illinois
Online Information: https://rideillinois.org/events/2021-grand-illinois-bike-tour/