A portion of the ride's proceeds will be donated to the Kickapoo Rail Trail. ($5817 in total donated from the 2017, 2018 and 2019 rides)
Ride choices: 28, 50, 54, 78, and 104 miles, subject to minor changes due to road construction, over flat to gently rolling terrain, and a 10 mile family ride
- Family Ride - 10 miles
- Gibson City route - 50 miles, starting north to Gibson City and back. From 730 until 11, the Gibson City Hospital cafeteria, one of the rest stops, will serve riders a full breakfast with pancakes, scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage, hot and cold cereal, fresh fruit, yogurt, danish, juice, milk, and coffee available. Downloadable GPS map
- White Heath route - 28 miles, starting south to the village of White Heath and back. Included on maps for White Heath / Allerton Park route
- White Heath / Allerton Park route - 54 miles to White Heath, then onwards to Allerton Park and back. Downloadable GPS map
- Three Quarters Century - 78 miles by first doing the Gibson City route and then the White Heath route
- PCC Century - 104 miles by first doing the Gibson City route and then the White Heath / Allerton Park route
Departure point and registration times: Lake of the Woods Pavillion in the Lake of the Woods Forest Preserve, Mahomet IL (directions below), 630-10am, although 104 mi riders should leave by 7:30am. Ride departures start anytime after 7 am. In an effort to create riding opportunities for camaraderie, the following departures are suggested for groups and individuals: 104 and 76 mile routes, 7:30am; 50 and 54 mile routes, 8:30am; and 28 mile route, 8:00 or 10:00am.. Those taking any of the routes to Gibson City (~21 miles from the start) should leave for Gibson City by 830am (and arrive by 1030), since the rest stop and breakfast there closes at 11am, and the rest stop halfway from Gibson City back to Mahomet closes at noon.
Snack stops along all routes will provide additional refueling.
The ride ends at the Lake of the Woods Pavilion.
Support services, marked routes, maps, a GPS downloadable route file and sag vehicle support (until 4pm) will be provided.
An adult must accompany all riders under 16
The Prairie Cycle Club strongly encourages all riders to wear helmets.
- Date: August 21, 2021
Distances: 10, 28, 50, 54, 78, 104 miles
City, State: Mahomet, Illinois
Start Location: Lake Woods Forest Preserve
Start Time: 6:30 - 10:00 am
Online Information: https://www.prairiecycleclub.org/prairie-cycle-club-tour/