PLEASE READ THE ENTIRE MESSAGE!
MAJOR CHANGES FOR OKHT40!
The Old Kentucky Home Tour has:
Moved to Labor Day Weekend, Sept 1-3, 2017
Expanded to a 3-day event on Friday, Saturday and Sunday with a distillery-hosted live music “Welcome Party”
* By now staging entirely out of Bardstown, KY for the whole holiday weekend
* Partnering with several area distilleries and historical tourist destinations for SAG stops
* Adding multiple distance and varied terrain loop routes for every level of rider
BRIEF SCHEDULE OF EVENTS
Friday, Sept 1
Early afternoon: 38 mile “Director’s Ride” (no registration required)
Late afternoon: Registration/Check-in opens at Barton Distillery
Evening: Registration continues with “Welcome Party”
Saturday, Sept 2
• • Registration/Check-in continues at Heaven Hill Tour Hub.
• • Breakfast and mass start opportunity at Heaven Hill Tour Hub adjacent to the Bourbon Heritage Center. Lunch served at same location.
• • 6 mile “Historical Bardstown” Loop – mostly level “in town” terrain with over a dozen stop opportunities at museums, historical buildings and two distilleries.
• • 17 mile “Pottershop Hills” Loop -- not just for kick-butt century riders anymore!
• • 22 Mile “Old Kentucky Home” Loop -- gently rolling terrain thru the countryside that ends at the actual Federal Hill Homesite for a SAG.
• • 62 mile Metric Century “Lincoln Train” Loop with a varying terrain that features the Kentucky Railway Museum and Abraham Lincoln Birthplace NHP for SAGS.
• • 101 mile “OKHT Century” option – you STILL want to conquer Pottershop with 95 miles on your legs? Go for it! We wouldn’t deny you after all these years.
• • Tented lounge area with end-of-ride live music at Heaven Hill Tour Hub.
Sunday, Sept 3
• • Sleep-in for late-served breakfast and 9:00 am mass start at Heaven Hill Tour Hub.
• • 57 mile “Cookies and Bourbon” Loop --- The “World Famous Cookie Stop” moves to a new location in Boston, KY and loops by SAG locations at Jim Beam Stillhouse and Four Roses/Cox’s Creek Distillery before returning to Bardstown for “End of Tour Party” and pizza at Heaven Hill Tour Hub. (We won’t tell if someone picks you up in a vehicle at Jim Beam, mile 36, to shorten your last ride!)
Registration Opening Soon at okht.org
– Early Bird Pricing Available -
If you have reservations in the Bardstown area for the weekend after Labor Day, you'll need to contact your hotel/motel and change your dates. At this time, there are vacancies in and around Bardstown.
Date: September 1 - 3, 2017
Distances: 17, 22, 62, 101 (Sat), 57 (Sun) miles
City, State: Bardstown, Kentucky
Start Location: Heaven Hhill Tour Hub
Online Information: http://okht.org/