Join us June 7, 2020 through June 12, 2020 for our 18th annual Grand Illinois Bike Tour! Our 2020 loop will tour the Trails of Madison County, on the Illinois side of the St. Louis area. We will start and stop in Litchfield, with overnights in Lebanon (one night), Edwardsville and Godfrey/Alton (two nights each). Join us and invite your cycling friends (non-riding volunteers needed too). Registration is now open.
Choose among our daily mileage options for a total ranging from 200 to 375 miles, consisting of quiet rural roads and 140+ miles on trails (almost all asphalt-surfaced) on old railroad corridors. Pick between our camping and hotel options, and enjoy evenings filled with good food and fellowship with riders hailing from around the country. Proceeds benefit Ride Illinois, a nonprofit bicycle advocacy organization, and support our mission to make Illinois a better, safer and more enjoyable place to ride.
- Our fully supported tour basics:
- Basic daily route distances between towns range from 45 to 52 miles. Longer route and layover day options are available. Routes are marked, and both cue sheets and RideWithGPS navigation are provided.
- Campers will tent in parks and college grounds, with showering facilities on-site (four nights) or nearby via shuttle bus (one night). All breakfasts and dinners (10 meals in total) are included.
- The hotel option, available for an additional fee, accommodates approximately 100 riders and sells out early. Nine meals (all breakfasts and four dinners) and evening receptions are included.
- Luggage transportation is provided in separate vehicles for campers and hotelers.
- Emergency SAG, refreshment stops, and t-shirt are included. Expert bike repair, as well as professional massage, are available every day to hotelers and campers, at the campsites. (In addition, other services are available including tent setup and takedown, towel and sherpa services.)
- Nightly meetings include ride information and more.
- Velosophie, an optional reading discussion group, meets before dinner each day. Join the fun after dinner at camp, as fellow riders play guitar and banjo.
The ride is limited to 250 riders. Registration is now open.
- Date: June 7 - 12, 2020
Distances: ~50 miles daily
City, State: Litchfield, Illinois
Online Information: http://rideillinois.org/events/2020-grand-illinois-bike-tour/