This year we have a brand new route and we are ecstatic to share with you! In 2019 MUP explores the central area of the Upper Peninsula. The Tour begins and ends in Manistique. A mid-tour layover day in Marquette will give you plenty of time to discover its treasures. From Munising, you can take a cruise to Pictured Rocks, or take a ferry to Grand Island to experience the rugged beauty on one of the Upper Peninsula's largest islands, which features miles of hiking and mountain bike trails.
Thank you for riding with the League of Michigan Bicyclists in 2019. Tour proceeds fund LMB's mission to make bicycling safe and convenient for everyone in Michigan. Proceeds support LMB's Micro-Grant Program to help fund on-the-ground advocacy work that promotes safe bicycling, especially among youth and underserved populations
Routes are subject to change.
UPDATE, Jan. 17 2019: We've decided to change the stop between Escanaba and Marquette from North Dickinson to Crystal Falls.
- Sat/Sun 7/6-7/19 - Manistique Check-In
- Mon 7/8/19 - Manistique to Escanaba (65 miles)
- Tues 7/9/19 - Escanaba to Crystal Falls (75 miles)
- Wed 7/10/19 - Crystal Falls to Marquette (75 miles)
- Thu 7/11/19 - Layover Day in Marquette (optional 16 or 55 miles)
- Fri 7/12/19 - Marquette to Munising (44-54 miles)
- Sat 7/13/19 -Munising to Manistique (49 miles)
- Date: July 6 - 13, 2019
Distances: 275 - 403 miles total
City, State: Manistique, Michigan
Start Location: Lakeview Park, W. Lakeshore Drive
- Start Time:
Online Information: https://www.lmb.org/ride-calendar/michigan-upper-peninsula-tour-2019/
More Information: Scott Elliott
Phone: (517) 334-9100