Please join us for an amazing riding experience as we celebrate the life of Indianapolis native and African-American world champion cyclist, Marshall 'Major' Taylor. Whether you are a seasoned rider or new to cycling, we have route options to suit everyone. Choose between the 14, 30, and 62-mile metric century ride including rest stops and points of interest along the way. This is your chance to connect with other cycling enthusiasts and prove your cycling passion, no matter your skill level.
What's a Fondo?
Fondo is Italian for 'big ride', but the Honor Major Taylor is not just a big ride. It's a multi-day cycling celebration with food, pro/am bike races, live music, family festival, and so much more!
You'll receive some really great perks with your ride experience, including:
- Major Taylor points of interest along the scenic, marked routes
- Rest stops with fruit, bars, and hydration
- Honor Major Taylor t-shirt
- An amazing farm-to-table breakfast/lunch catered by Rize
- Post-ride celebration in University Park with food, live music, festivities, and an all-day bike racing action!
- Post ride entertainment provided by Cascadoux Steel Drum Band featuring Soca, Calypso and Reggae
- Complimentary, secure bicycle parking will be available throughout the event so riders can stay and and enjoy the festivities.
- Entry into the Family Festival/Adventure Zone
This ride occurs on streets open to vehicular traffic. Participants are expected to obey all traffic laws and rules of the road.
- Date: August 26, 2023
Distances: 14, 30, 62 miles
City, State: Indianapolis, Indiana
Start Location: 240 N. Meridian St.
Start Time: 8:00 am
Online Information: https://www.momentumindy.org/honor-major-taylor-fondo