The Kentucky Derby Festival is once again partnering with the Louisville Bicycle Club to produce the PNC Tour de Lou on Sunday, April 18, 2021.
Participants will have the opportunity to bike in-person and socially-distanced, as well as the option to participate virtually. As always, the Festival's annual bike event is for riders of all levels of experience, with three separate distances:
- 62.1 Mile Metric Century / Advanced Ride (Open course)
- 35 Mile Experienced Ride / Intermediate Ride (Open course)
- 20 Mile Ride / New to cycling (Open course)
While the 2021 In-Person rides will look a little different, the ride will still tour all areas of the city, from Downtown to the South End and Highlands.
The Ride will look a little different this year:
The modified ride will have some changes as part of the health & safety precautions we're taking to provide a secure biking experience.
These changes include:
- Staggered start times, with increased time intervals in-between, to allow riders to socially distance
- Capped number of participants during each start interval
- Increased amount of Refuel Stops to decrease number of participants at each
- Single serve nutrition and hydration
- Sanitation stations at Refuel Stops
- All staff and volunteers, including those at the Refuel Stations, will be required to wear a mask
- All participants required to wear a mask the Start Line until take-off
Please know, the safety of our riders is our top priority. We will keep you updated regarding COVID-19 guidelines and how they will impact the 2021 events. More details are available in the FAQs at the website.
- Date: April 18, 2021
Distances: 20, 35, 62 miles
City, State: Louisville, Kentucky
Online Information: https://discover.kdf.org/tour-de-lou/